[SI-LIST] Re: modelling of wire as w-element transmission line

  • From: Ray Anderson <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:38:36 -0700 (PDT)

>by having its width eqaul to the size of the actual length of the shorter
>conductor in strip SHAPE statement and length equal to actual width. But the
>spice file keeps running in an infinite loop.
>
>The spice file is attached.
>
>If any one has any clue to this please help me.
>Thank you.
>Jayanta Choudhury

Without addressing any of your questions, I just tried running your
Hspice deck to see what transpired. The simulation crashed within
20 seconds of invoking it with this error message:

   Run-time exception error; current exception: xalloc
            No handler for exception.
   Abort

(This was with Hspice v2001.2 running on a solaris platform)

The .st0 status file looks like this:

Init: hspice initialization file: /import/cadist/pkgs/hspice/hspice,v2001.2.sun
init: begin read circuit files,  cpu clock=  2.98E-01
      option scale    =    1.000E-07
init: end read circuit files,  cpu clock=  3.22E-01 memory=     14 kb
init: begin check errors,  cpu clock=  3.22E-01

Did your simulation get any further ?

I tend to not use the built-in field solver to generate RLGC
parameters as I've got more faith in some of the stand-alone solvers
that we have available.

-Ray Anderson

List archives are viewable at: