[SI-LIST] mDDR (200MHz) without Series Termination

  • From: "Embedded" <hw_si@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 10 Nov 2010 14:39:57 -0000

Dear Experts,
We are using TI AM37x processor with mDDR interface in our design.

The mDDR maximum clock frequency is 200MHz.

In our PCB Layout, we are placing mDDR chip close to AM37x CPU
and the maximum trace lenghth between mDDR and CPU is less than 2 inch
(Approximately 1.8 inch) only.

In this case, do we need provide series termination (trace length less than 2
inch only)?

Will there be any EMI issues if we are not using series termination?

Looking forward your response. Thanks in Adavnce.

Thanks and Regards
Ranjith

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net