[SI-LIST] Re: looking for (differential) crosstalk calculator on the web

  • From: "prathap muthana" <prathap818@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 17:36:41 +0000

HI,

You could try the SPEED2000 software,there is a downloadable version on the
sigrity site.

The site is www.sigrity.com[1].

Regards

Prathap

  >From: "npischl" >Reply-To: npischl@xxxxxxxxx >To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [SI-LIST] looking for (differential) crosstalk calculator on the
web >Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 04:26:48 -0000 >>>I would appreciate if anyone
could let me know if there is a free >crosstalk calculator available
somewhere on the web. I know of the >one on www.ultracad.com, and on
www.bay-technology.com. However, I am >not sure if they are appropriate for
electrically long lines. >>I have many differential pairs about 5'-6" long,
offset and embeded >between two planes, side-by-side traces in each pair,
Zo=100 Ohm, >carrying 100 ps edge-times, Zsource about 20 Ohm, Zload=100 Ohm
>(differential only), and due to the PCB constrains I must place the >traces
and the pairs relatively close together (the chip vendor >recommends 0.2"
between the pairs, I can maybe have 0.05"). The >requirement is -50 dB of
maxcrosstalk between the pairs. I could use >a single-ended crosstalk
calculator and get the differential >crosstalk from the matrix of single
ended crosstalks between the >traces, but unless I know that the calculation
takes into account the >electricaly long lenghth of the line I am not
confident in the >results. >>Eventually I will get Hyperlynx, but that will
be too late for this >particular problem that I have now. Until then, I'd
appreciate if >anyone can tell me if there is some freebie that may help.
>>Thak you, Neven Pischl
>http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu >>

List archives are viewable at: