[SI-LIST] long distance calbe data transferring

  • From: wangyf@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:54:07 +0800 (CST)

Hi, all
I’m dealing with a project of transferring digital data via 7 km copper
twisted cable, the data rate is 510-kbit/s or higher, and BER needed is
1E-5 or lower. This must be a challenging task as the 0s and 1s are
smeared after they traveled through such a long way. My questions are:
1. What kind of code is best suited for the transfer.
2. I need equalization, but are there any proper equalizer for this?
3. How can I develop model for 7km copper twisted cable? Is there any
simulation tool for it?
4. One approach is using ADC to sampling the signal, and then use DSP to
enhance it. Is it a good method?
I want to have your helps, and thanks in advance.

Yanfang Wang
Fast Electronics Laboratory
University of Science & Technology of China
E-mail: wangyf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +86-551-3603114
FAX:  +86-551-3603114

List FAQ wiki page is located at: