[SI-LIST] Re: load of a High-impedant I/O on a bus

  • From: James_R_Jones@xxxxxxxx
  • To: nico.fleurinck@xxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 08:04:37 -0600

The answer to that question, as I understand it, is yes.  Tristating a
buffer can change the capacitance looking into the pin.  And clearly, it
changes the impedance looking into the pin.  If you really want to know how
much the impedance changes, and at what frequency, then I would recommend
talking to the manufacturer of the component.  Also, you could get the
IBIS/Spice model and study it in simulation.

James R. Jones
Dell