[SI-LIST] kapton coaxial cable heating question.

  • From: C Deibele <deibele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:23:06 -0400

Hi everyone.

I have a question -- I have four sets of coax cable that rest inside of a
pipe.  The cable uses a kapton dielectric.

The pipe was welded when the coax cables were inside of the cable.  After the
welding operation, the cables changed some of its characteristics slightly.
I've done some TDR tests, and some vector network analyzer tests.  While I do
not see serious degradation, I am curious if anyone has ever seen anything
like this and what your experience is.

We estimate that the temp of the pipe was around 1300F, and it was for only a
few minutes.

Regards,

Craig Deibele

List archives are viewable at: