[SI-LIST] Re: just curious

  • From: "Jon Powell" <jonpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <breams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cclewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<bill_hargin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:01:20 -0700

Of course, their are countries, like France, that practice this sort of
"protection" for important industries. That is why in France people mainly
drive French cars and use French telephones. The idea being to force the
country to maintain technology critical industries (which includes high tech
and many manufacturing bases). This may make some prices higher but it
insures that Frances doesn't become a third world nation and retains highly
trained workers in the country. It also (in the long run) helps France
compete in the world market by maintaining their ability to develop new
competitive products.
(and California Wine is REALLY expensive there).

se la guere

jon