[SI-LIST] Re: internal time step too small error in transient analysis

  • From: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 06:16:39 -0800

Boli-

I don't know if I can help specifically, but here are a few comments:

It looks like the "time step too small" fixes you found during your
Google search are Spice specific. While the transient solver engine
within ADS is similar in many respects to Spice many of the details are
different. Particularly with respect to the various parameters you can
adjust that affect the transient simulation.

Have you checked on the Agilent support web pages
(https://edasupportweb.soco.agilent.com) for info on this issue? There
are a number of documents there that address this particular issue as it
applies to ADS.

Also, I notice you are using ADS2004A. A lot of improvements have gone
into the tool since that release. The current release is ADS2006 update
3 and the new 2008 release is due out next month. If at all possible I'd
see about upgrading to the latest and greatest.

Have you contacted Agilent support yet on this issue? Their support
engineers are usually quite adept at solving this sort of problem as
they've probably fielded similar problems from other users thousands of
times.

Best Regards,

-Ray

Raymond Anderson