[SI-LIST] Re: impedance and Characteristic impedanece

  • From: Boris Traa <boris.traa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wy_k@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:31:03 +0200

I guess this is not true:
By the way, you can turn a capacitor into an
> inductor with an op-amp, configured as a NIC,
> often used for making inductors on the die.
The NIC (negative impedance convertor) changes an inductor in a negative
inductor (same counts for a capacitor). This might be very interesting if
you put an inductor L in parallel with an "inductor" alsmost -L.
Capacitors are applied for this purpose but an inductor is nog substituted
by an capacitor.
Kind regards
Boris Traa
System design engineer EMC

It's the currents that make circuits work or fail.

Philips Applied Technologies/EM&C Competence Center
Room 1.024
High Tech Campus 26
5656AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Tel: ++ 31 40 27 43766
Fax: ++ 31 40 27 42224
E-mail:  boris.traa@xxxxxxxxxxxx Seri: nlv09273@nlwayhp

Kevin Ko <wy_k@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by:
si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
11-04-2007 04:26
Please respond to
wy_k@xxxxxxxxx

arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx
si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[SI-LIST] Re: impedance and Characteristic impedanece
Classification

Will the answer be same/different with CCVS, instead of VCCS, parallel to
1
ohm?

regards,
Kevin