[SI-LIST] ibis limitations

  • From: kal ansari <kalgudo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:58:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I would like to get some opinions from you guys on the limitation with IBIS
models

in regards to signal bandwidth.  If I have a driver running around 3 Gbps with
a rise time

around 70 ps, will an IBIS model for this make sense? What is the current
highest frequeny

that IBIS accurately supports.   A lot of the EDA tools run with just IBIS, if
IBIS models

are not accurate at these speeds, what is the solution?

Thanks,

gudo

List archives are viewable at: