[SI-LIST] Re: hspice question - urgent

  • From: Bill.Cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: srinath_bk@xxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:47:25 -0500

Srinath,

Binning based on W/L values is accomplished with WMIN,WMAX,LMIN,LMAX
values. When defining a transistor model include these variables (e.g. lmin
=.5u)
and it will choose the model based on the width. Use a qualifier for the
model name

e.g.
 .model Pmod.1
lmin=.5 lmax=1

.model Pmod.2
lmin=1 lmax=2

etc.

| Bill Cohen
| Toshiba America Electronic Components, Circuit Design Group
| email: wcohen@xxxxxxxx
| office: (508) 486-1031               fax: (508) 481-8828

                    Srinath B K

                    <srinath_bk@xxxxxx       To:     si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    >                        cc:     bksr@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gupta,
Vinod" <v-gupta@xxxxxx>, "Gupta,
                    Sent by:                  Vinod" <v-gupta2@xxxxxx>

                    si-list-bounce@fre       Subject:     [SI-LIST] hspice
question - urgent
                    elists.org

                    01/11/02 09:58 AM

                    Please respond to

                    srinath_bk

Hi

Background :

I am trying to compare  hspice vs our internal spice  .
I have 3 different MOSFET models for 3 different ranges of mosfet widths.
However, the netlist (very large) uses only one transistor model.
In our internal spice, the correct model is chosen automatically.
It would be a tedious process for me to hack the netlist to change
the models for various transistors.

Question :

Is there a feature in hspice whereby I can define the conditional
binning of models, so that hspice will select the appropriate
model based on the width?

Thanks in advance
Srinath

List archives are viewable at: