[SI-LIST] hspice convergence problem

  • From: Leo Hu <leohu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:41:32 +0800

Dear All,
When I made a simulation case in hspice, weak condition was coucluded, but
typ/strong condition was aborted and
told me--internal timestep is too small.

Because firstly I used RMIN default value(1e-9) in my netlist, then I try to
adjust RMIN value to smaller one(such as
1e-15,and 1e-16 hspice tells me it is out of bounds) owing to convergence
problem mentioned above.
But new simulation is still failed. I want to know if this solution is correct?

Due to RMIN modification being not take effect, I also try to set .OPTION
DELMAX=25ps(in my netlist,I set
.tran 25ps 30ns). But new simulation is still failed. I want to know if this
solution is correct?

If above two solutions are effective methods to resolve internal timestep is
too small convergence problem,
what are reasonable values for them?

And if they are wrong methods, Could you please tell me right ones?

Thanks and Best Regards!

Leo Hu

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: