[SI-LIST] how to reduce hspice run-time?

  • From: Yoni Tzafrir <yonitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Si-List (E-mail)" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:23:37 +0200

hi,
we are running 12 i/o buffers, connecting to a sub-file which simulates a
packge (with capacitors and all), driving another 12 i/o (used as receivers)
through 12 transmision lines (the receivers connects to a package too). the
pc runs it for 1 hour. it is pantium 4  1.8GHz, with 0.5GB RAM.
is there a way to reduce the time that the simulation runs? maybe reducing
timestep? how do i do it?
it is important since we are planing on running much more than 12 buffers.
yoni

Yonatan (Yoni) Tzafrir
phone : (972) - 3 - 7552300 (T/L: 351)
mobile: (972) - 54 - 459469