[SI-LIST] Re: how to measure the coupling effect of the coupled lines with vector network analyzer

  • From: Bi Han <mike_bihan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, List` Si <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:36:51 +0800 (CST)

The greatest issue is how to add the stimulus, you had to use giant pad for
your probe... Even worse, your DUT must be hugh enough to show the coupling
effect, to evident the L12/C12 from the test noise.

Do you think that possible?
Paul Levin <levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Liu,

It isn't terribly accurate, but you could try using a "2-way, 180
degree splitter" or a "balun" (available from many RF sources including
Pasternack) to couple a single port of a vector network analyzer
to the two signal ports of your differential pair. Just to make
sure of the fudge factors, test with a pair of 50 ohm terminators
first to see what that reads.

Regards,

Paul

--