[SI-LIST] ??: how to calculate maximum current that can be provided by one via

  • From: "Pang Ning(Peter)" <peter_pang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bdewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:34:04 +0800

Dear Brent,

Thanks for your information. The oscillator can generate 14.318MHz clock =
and its power supply is 3.3V.  The power noise should be OK because we =
have put one 0.1uF ceramic capacitor close to oscillator VCC and GND =
pins.

Thanks,

Peter

-----????-----
???: Brent DeWitt [mailto:bdewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
????: 2004?4?29? 11:09
???: Pang Ning(Peter); si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
??: Tang Lan(Stella); Zhang Zhengmei(Linda)
??: RE: [SI-LIST] how to calculate maximum current that can be provided =
by one via

Peter,

If we were talking about steady state currents, it would be impossible =
with
current normal fabrication techniques to create a via that couldn't take
36mA.  The real question is what delta voltage above reference you can
tolerate the chip reference moving to based on the _dynamic_ current =
draw of
the oscillator and the inductance of the via (and PDS).

Several of the esteemed members of this list have published works that
should help in your education on this subject.  It's a big subject so I
would suggest consulting the list archives.

With respect,

Brent DeWitt

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: