[SI-LIST] Re: hi

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Charles Harrington <ch_harrington@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:03:17 -0700

Charles, if I thought Chris or anyone else were belittling someone's
technical skills, then I would fully agree with you.  The list is here
to encourage people to ask technical questions and exchange technical
ideas.  That falls apart without a sense of professional decorum.
Personal attacks do not belong in our professional community.

I don't regard criminals, or criminal wanna-bes as members of our
community.  I have zero desire to make them feel welcome here or
anywhere else.  I am completely convinced that jagaveer25 came here
hoping to find an accomplice to his premeditated theft.  I carry no
doubt that he knew full well that HSPICE is an expensive licensed tool
for the reasons I stated to Srivats.  After being called out on the
crime, jagaveer25 could have just let things be.  Instead he offered up
that transparent cock and bull story.  I found that story an insult to
the intelligence of everyone on the list.  I ask you which is more
outrageous:  To call a lame story "dumb", or to try and pass off the
lame story on 4500 SI-List members?

The list has suffered from a number of exchanges that degenerated to
exchanges of personal attacks or political tirades.  Ray has addressed
this, and I am sure he will address it again if the need arises.  I
think this case is exceptional as I do not see Chris' parody addressing
jagaveer25's technical prowess, but rather jagaveer25's apparent belief
that he could put over such a transparent set of lies to the members of
the SI-List.

I am far from the person I might hope someday to be.  I do appreciate
that you think enough of me to offer your criticism.  Thanks.

Regards,

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net