[SI-LIST] Re: help with a stack ??

  • From: James_R_Jones@xxxxxxxx
  • To: Robison_M@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:00:06 -0600

I might try:

noncritical
gnd
critical
5,-5.2
gnd
critical
gnd
noncritical

It may be a stunt to break up your supply plane, but you will get a C-plane
for these supplies.  Also, your critical signals are on striplines, which I
personally prefer.  You also get better impedance control this way because
your critical stuff can be referenced with core dielectric instead of
prepreg, especially if you make the criticals closer to the outer grounds
than the inner ground and VCC.  Also, you won't have to worry about moat
crossings on criticals if you do this.

Hope this helps,
James J.