[SI-LIST] free signal integrity analysis tools

  • From: "Eric Bogatin" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:07:53 -0500

Hi folks-

I am compiling a list of free software tools for signal integrity analysis
which I will publish in my PCD&M column in the next few months. If anyone
has a recommendation for a free version of a tool, such as a lite version of
a full featured tool, or an online tool, please pass me a link off line.
Vendors are invited to send me a note as well if you have a lite or student
version.

Since there are so many SPICE tools and online impedance calculator tools, I
am only going to list one or two of them. I am more interested in link
analysis tools, circuit simulators that include differential pair and lossy
line models, 2D field solvers, 3D planar and 3D full wave. I will evaluate
three key metrics: ease of use, sort of problem it can analyze and
limitation of the free version. Any input for this column would be
appreciated.

Thanks

--eric

**************************************
Dr. Eric Bogatin, President
Bogatin Enterprises, LLC
Setting the Standard for Signal Integrity Training
26235 w 110th terr
Olathe, KS 66061
v: 913-393-1305
f: 913-393-0929