[SI-LIST] Re: ePlanner(Scratchpad)/XTK from Innoveda

  • From: Geoff Parker <geoff_p@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Aspnes, Brian D" <brian.d.aspnes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:42:46 -0800 (PST)

The PowerPCB design (.asc) can be converted with the tool, padsx.  Mentor
layouts using Board Station can be converted into XTK format (.isf, .qnf)
with mbx.  These utilities are supplied with XTK or ePlanner/Scratchpad.
I also suggest you try out the tool 'impast' (Import Assistant) shipped
with ePD 3.0.  It's a nice GUI wrapper for the layout->XTK flow.

Mentor's Expedition tool has a built-in export to Quad XTK
feature.  The latest version of Expedition has an improved XTK exporter.
Sorry, I don't have the Expedition version number, it may not be released
to customer's yet.

I think there a way to import "post-layout" information into Scratchpad
automatically.  I suggest contacting Mentor's support.

--
Geoff Parker
geoffparker@xxxxxxxx

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Aspnes, Brian D wrote:

> For one of our modules, we have a CAD house that uses PowerPCB and a =
> design
> organization that uses OrCAD. =A0 For another module, we also have a =
> design
> organization that uses Design Capture/Expedition from Mentor.  Our SI =
> tools
> are ePlanner(Scratchpad)/XTK from Innoveda (which is now Mentor). =20
>
> I'm looking for something that can take the databases from the two
> organizations and pull the CAD data into Scratchpad and run some SI
> simulations with a common database.  Given a PowerPCB file (either .asc =
> or
> .pcb) or the OrCAD file (.dsn, etc.), does anyone know of any tools =
> that are
> available to get the "post layout" net information from OrCAD/PowerPCB =
> into
> Mentor's Scratchpad (ePlanner/XTK from Innoveda) for SI simulations?  =
> Is
> there a solution for Design Capture/Expedition?  I believe that XTK can =
> do
> this, but I'm wondering about ePlanner/Scratchpad because we don't have
> enough of the XTK full licenses. =20

> List archives are viewable at:

List archives are viewable at: