[SI-LIST] Re: driver schedule in hspice

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:49:27 -0700

Terence,

The [Driver Schedule] keyword is a difficult one.  If you
looked at the list of BIRDs on the IBIS web site, you will
find that there were a lot of "clarifications" done in the
past few years.  I am not surprised that there may be
differences in how tool vendors implemented it.

However, I believe that the latest version of the IBIS
specification is pretty clear now, and there should be
no confusion about how it should work.  It is a different
question whether the tool vendors have actually made any
changes to their implementations to match what the latest
version of the spec says.

Also, model makers may have their own understanding (or
misunderstanding) of the keyword, so they may expect something
different from what they get from the tool.  I didn't study
your model and your expectation deeply, so I can't say whether
Cadence or HSPICE is correct, but it doesn't mean that the
Cadence implementation is the right one just because Cadence
gives you what you expect.  In fact, I have worked with the
HSPICE developer more than with Cadence, and from that I
would tend to say that HSPICE does what the IBIS specification
says (unless you found another bug, that is).

Sorry for the long answer, but I was trying to respond to your
question: "Is this is a common problem?".

Arpad
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=20