[SI-LIST] Re: doubt about crosstalk.

  • From: "Ismail B - CTD, Chennai." <ismailb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MikonCons@xxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:42:26 +0530

>[Mikon] The guard traces (as well as the ground planes) carry high
frequency
>return currents (i.e., in the opposite direction) induced by the signals
and
>help reduce the magnetic loop and the field intensities created thereby.

Mike, your's is a good explanation. In my opionion the ground planes carry
the same
high frequency return currents as the signal traces, but in an opposite
direction.
Hence the magnetic field created by the ground strips should oppose the
magnetic
field produced by the signal traces, thereby reducing the degree of
coupling.

Regards,
Ismail

List archives are viewable at: