[SI-LIST] Re: differential pairs on backplane connectors

  • From: <jain.nitin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stephen.Greenhalgh@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:51:55 +0530

Hello,

Recently we have used 2mm Hard metric connectors in our Backplane Board.
There we have assigned a diff pair in same column. The reason for this
was that the the pins in a column are made of same wafer and hence the
pins of each column are expected to behave in same manner. Althouh this
introduced pin mismatch as we were using a right angle connector. On our
Backplane each diff pair was passing through two connectors. Hence to
compensate for the length mismatch we connected the shorter pin of one
connector to longer pin of other connector. In other words, if the diff
pair is assigned in 'a' & 'b' row, the signal connected on pin of row
'a' of one connector will go to pin of row 'b' of other connector.=0D

I hope my explanation makes sense to you.

Regards,
Nitin=0D