[SI-LIST] Re: decoupling

  • From: "S. Weir" <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:31:33 -0700

Zhiping, I would rephrase your statement to read "the goal is to minimize
the total loop inductance between the IC and the available
capacitance".  Assuming power / gnd planes, the via and pad pattern of the
capacitor together with which surface it is on, and the board stackup
become dominant contributors to the inductance.

Regards,

Steve.