[SI-LIST] Re: ddr3 vref margin test

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mustafa Özgür TUTUM <mustafa.tutum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:59:30 +0200

Hello Mustafa,
I have also seen some tests passing independent of the Vref. I guess you
checked e. g. by introducing some Single fails e. g. by trying to
isolate one pin during runtime ?
VREF DQ and VREF CA are seperated on the SO-DMMs. Do you talk about Vref
CA or VREF DQ ?

One reason i have seen is a Memory test that is not really efficient in
doing interface testing (e. g. running in the cache most of the time, ..).
Which test are you using ?

Regards

Hermann

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Veilchenstrasse 1
94554 Moos
Tel.:   +49 (0)9938 / 902 083
Mobile: +49 (0)176  / 787 787 77
Fax:    +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

schrieb Mustafa Özgür TUTUM:
> Hi,
>

> We are designing intel pine m platform notebooks with ddr3 support. When I
> have performing voltage margin test, I have noticed that  DDR3 Vref value can
> be between 0 and 1.5V. In our previous designs with DDR2, voltage levels were
> between 0.3-0.5V at low side and 1.1-1.4V at high sideand margins were
> 0.5-1.2. I couldnot comment these results for ddr3? Can you help me? What is
> the wrong? Thanks.
>

> Best Regards
>
> Mustafa
>

> Dogayla Dost Teknoloji Vestel, hepimizin cevreye daha duyarli olmasini ve
> e-posta ciktisi almadan once bir kez daha dusunmenizi rica ediyor. / Vestel,
> your nature-friendly technology provider, kindly encourages you to consider
> our planet Earth before printing this email.

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

> 20:26:00