[SI-LIST] Re: crosstalk

  • From: "Lakshmi Narayanan Sowrirajan, ERS-HCLTech" <lakshminarayanans@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Massoud Shakeri <massoud@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 12:32:14 +0530

Hi Brian,

        1) What is your single ended line trace width?, assume it is 5 mils for
now.
        2) What is your Diff line width and spacing?, assume it is 4x4 for now.
(4 mil width and 4mil spacing to achieve 90/100 ohms)

        With the above numbers the SDA line is spaced 5x apart from the SERDES
considering the 4mil spacing in the DIFF pair, if you consider the single ended
line width for spacing analysis you are 4x away from the DIFF SERDES.

        I don't think we can do spacing more than 4x/5x practically in any
boards. So you should be good to go.

        Most of the SERDES lanes the design requirement is only 3x from other
high speed signals with steep rise time to minimize crosstalk.

Thanks & Regards
Lakshminarayanan. S