[SI-LIST] Re: controlled ESR capacitors or series resistors

  • From: Anto Davis <antokdavis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 14:28:18 +0530

I understood that, the L is the larger value capacitor's and the C is the
smaller value capacitors.
I had gone through your paper on Distributed matching, where u have
mentioned about Q<<1, which corresponds to the overdamped case. If the
design too much overdamped, it will need more number of capacitors right?,
which leads to overdesign right??
Another doubt, I have is, suppose I am using an X7R capacitor, which has
+-15 tolerance, then, when too many capacitors are used, for a PDN design,
should I try for a Monte Carlo simulation??? Or is there any better or
easier method to find out the worst case?

Anto

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: