[SI-LIST] Re: cat 6 RJ45 jack for PCB

  • From: "Hill, John" <jhill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jan.vercammen1@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:17:00 -0400

Jan,

Since this is an industrial machine application you may want to conceder
using a better connector. After all, if there is a lot of vibration or
if the environment is not office clean, the RJ45 may not be a good
choice. For example we would never use it in a vehicle.

In the automotive industry we use a FAKRA connector. It is a SMB
connector with a plastic latching housing. Here is a link to the Huber
and Suhner web site. They have great connector, but the price is a
little high. There are lower cost vendors that can be found, but I like
their parts.

http://www.hubersuhner.com/hs-p-rf-con-gr-series-arc

Best regards,

John

=20

---------------------------------------
The information in this email and attachments hereto may contain legally =
privileged, proprietary or confidential information that is intended for =
a particular recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the =
employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the =
intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, =
copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail =
information is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to Takata =
customers or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is =
subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract, if =
applicable. If you have received this communication in error, please =
immediately notify us by return e-mail, permanently delete any =
electronic copies of this communication and destroy any paper copies.