[SI-LIST] Re: capacitor impedance in time domain

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: group_delay@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:28:08 -0800

group_delay, you have two choices, work in the frequency domain and
convolve, or work in the time domain.  It is usually a matter of what is
more convenient.  If you want to work in the frequency domain, you will
need to convert your pulse into its constituent parts, including phase
relationship, and then to get a TD response back out convolve again.  That
seems an awful lot of work versus a first order differential equation
representing the Tx line as a resistance and the capacitor without parasitics.

Steve

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org