[SI-LIST] ask for comments on high frequency filter design

  • From: Wei Zhang <wezhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, circuits@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:45:56 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I need some professional comments on filter design, does anyone tell me
what is the major method applied to design a high frequency filter, say
center f between 1GHz and 10 GHz. As I read Reinhold Ludwig's "Rf circuit
design", he explains the methodolgy of filter design as receipe-cooking,
all kinds of filters can be implemented based on basic lowpass filter,
such as Butterworth, Chebyshev filter, with frequency and L/C
transformation. Furthermore, we can use unit elements and Kuroda's
identities to implement RF filter design. Is this a real practical method
in RF circuit design? If not, which one do you use? Can you give me some
detail information?

Thanks for your help!

wei zhang

List archives are viewable at: