[SI-LIST] accuracy of industry spice tools

  • From: Uday A <udays4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Out of curiousity, I downloaded a mosis TSMC 0.25u
model file from their web-site.
http://www.mosis.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/umosis/swp/params/tsmc-025/t43b_lo_epi-params.txt

I have access to Hspice

I have also been using the freely available berkley
spice from University of California.

I find a huge discrepancy between the two tools from
the outputs, using the same model file on an inverter.

This is my inverter netlist

Xinvx05 in z invx05
Rtest Z out 10
Ctest out 0 10ff
.meas tran delay_0 trig v(in) val=0.5 rise=1 targ
v(out) val=0.5 rise=0

Delay_0 from hspice is 164ps
Delay_0 from spice3f5 is 146ps

The mosis model says that its compatible with both
level 8 and level 49.

To make it work with spice3f5, I had to change the
level to level 8 and also remove the following
parameters.
+XL      = 0              XW      = -4E-8

I ran hspice again after removing the above
parameters,
but it made very little difference the result.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you for your responses..

Uday

List FAQ wiki page is located at: