[SI-LIST] Re: about split plane

  • From: "George Tang" <gtang@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Perry Qu" <Perry.Qu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:08:57 -0700

Perry,

When you say plane inductance, are you talking about the inductance seen by
the power and ground current or the inductance seen by the signal current
referencing to the plane?  The power and ground plane inductance can be
minimized by the dielectric thickness in between the planes.  The signal
current inductance can be measured by driving a TDR signal down the trace.
My measurements show that if you keep the width of copper on the plane in
between the antipads to be 3 times the height of the trace above the plane,
you should not see much impedance mismatches.

Regards,

George