[SI-LIST] Re: about hfss tdr function

  • From: Cristian Gozzi <cristian.gozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: taoye000@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 08:50:25 +0200

Hi
HFSS as other simulators works with nominal design value... In your real
application you have to consider the manufacturing tolerance for a pcb.

Even if you think about characteristic impedance of a line you can have a
10% of tolerance from your pcb supplier, or even 5%...

So even if you have designed your transmission line to be centered to 50
ohm, from manufacturing you can get 45 or 55 ohm.

The same of course for the via.
To explore manufacturing variations with hfss you can parameterize you via
and run a parametric analysis.

Hope this help
Regards
Cristian
Il giorno 02/ago/2013 08:38, "ye tao" <taoye000@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> with agilent TDR,this via is 47 ohm,the sim model Dimensions is the real
> size,I Sliced via and measured.
> So,I think HFSS TDR is not very exactly,the result of simulation is higher
> than measure 2~3 ohm,Do you experience such problems?I know increase the
> antipad can fix it,but how simulate the via impedance,According 53 ohm
> maybe better?
> I simulated the trace line use hfss tdr,the result is almost same with
> test,but the via is different,and I alter window function no improvement.

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: