[SI-LIST] Re: about golden standard

  • From: walter steffe <w.steffe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:46:13 +0100

Dan
Thanks for your interest

At the moment what I can say about my approach in solving EM problems
is that it is unique in two ways:
1) It is hierarchical
2) It goes directly to a Spice model without going trough the computation=
 of
the electrical responce (let it be in time or frequency domain).

My code operates on a geometry that is partitioned in a set of subvolumes=
 but
the situation is quite different from Finite Elements because here the
subvolumes are much larger and more complex. Indeed each volume is define=
d by
its meshed boundary. For very simple problems you can even use just a sin=
gle
subvolume but the subdivision becomes necesary when you have different
materials because each subvolume must be omogeneus.

Each subvolume is characterized by an equivalent circuit (made of discret=
inductances, capacities that are coupled by constant generaors) whose inp=
ut
ports are associated with a set of modes that are defined on the subvolum=
boundary (the surrounding shell). The computation of the equivalent circu=
its
associated with the different subvolumes are independent tasks and can be
done in parallel. All these subcircuits are then coupled togheter (using =
some
additional generators) to form the global circuit.

At the momont I am working on the routine which compute the equivalent
 circuit of a given volume and the first results confirms the theory. I n=
eed
 some more time (e few months) to finalize this task. Then I will start t=
 develope the code needed for the connection of the subcircuits but I thi=
nk
 that this is the easier part.

Of course I am very interested to get in touch with companies which can
benefit of the results of my work. I am employed at the antenna departmen=
t of
Alenia Spazio and I think that my method can have interesting application=
 in
this evironment (antennas and correlated passive components)  but I am
convinced that I could find a much broader audience in the electronic
industry.

Sincerely
walter

List FAQ wiki page is located at: