[SI-LIST] Re: Xilinx IBIS AMI models with Agilent ADS

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 07:37:49 +0100

Hello,

I'm with Colin when he stated, that 64bit refers to the OS System
address space. But now a second time the higher precision of 64bit
models is mentioned.
I expected, that both models can use the same Variable definitions, and
therefore can get the same accuracy independent of running on 32 or 64
bit OS.

Can anyone explain better on this one and give some background why he
would not use the same variable definition on the 32 bit OS ?
I'm not a programming guy and in my simply mind I expected both dll for
32 and 64 bit to be the same code, just a switch in the compiler would
be changed ....

Hermann

Our next Events:
================

Visit us on Embedded World 2012
Our location Hall 1 / Booth 509

Check our website or contact us for details

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx