[SI-LIST] Re: Xilinx IBIS AMI models with Agilent ADS

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Istvan Nagy <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:15:20 +0100

Hello Istvan,

In ADS schematic Window there is one menue "DesignGuide". Looking in
here there should be one item IBIS-AMI. Here you can find some examples
(including some models).

On the Agilent Website there are also some papers and Webcasts regarding
IBIS-AMI.

Sorry, but I have not worked with Xilinx IBIS-AMI models so far, so I
can not help you with some more detailed information on this one   :-(

What I find really interesting: Do we now even have a difference between
simulation models on 64bit and 32bit systems ???

Hermann

Our next Events:
================

Visit us on Embedded World 2012
Our location Hall 1 / Booth 509

Check our website or contact us for details

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Veilchenstrasse 1
94554 Moos
Tel.:   +49 (0)9938 / 902 083
Mobile: +49 (0)176  / 787 787 77
Fax:    +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

schrieb Istvan Nagy:
> Hi Guys,
>
> How do you simulate Xilinx IBIS AMI models with Agilent ADS on a 64-bit PC?
>
> I am trying to evaluate the Agilent ADS-2011.05 (30-day trial) with one of
> my previous designs containing a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA on it. I have a
> 2.5Gbps PCIe and a 1.5Gbps Aurora link on it.
> I have encountered a few problems, they seem to be related to model
> availability.
>
> -Several models are not available from the Xilinx website, but only from
> Sisoft. If I'm using Agilent software, so how could I get the models from
> Sisoft? The Spartan-6 model package completely, and one of the files (.ibs)
> from the Virtex-5-GTP model package (.zip) are missing from the xilinx
> website.
>
> -The available models seem to have 32-bit DLLs which crashes the simulation
> on my 64-bit windows-7 PC while running channel simulation. The only model
> on the xilinx website without missing files is the Virtex-6 GTX transceiver
> model, which is totally different than the device on my board (Sp-6 GTP),
> but at least i could use it to check the capabilities of the ADS2011.
>
> Is there a solution for the above?
> Why be so secretive around IBIS AMI models?
> Is there an IBIS-AMI channel-sim tutorial for ADS?
>
> Regards,
> Istvan Nagy
> Hardware Design Engineer
> Bluechip Technology