[SI-LIST] Re: Wireless board interconnect

  • From: "Michael Khusid" <mkhusid@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <coupswork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:57:43 -0500

John,

Perhaps a silly solution but it certainly will be cheap.

IrDA devices are specified to work through air up to the distance of 6m.
An example of IrDA communication is an infrared link between a laptop
and a PDA. The price for the IrDA devices is incredibly low since they
are used in many consumer products.

www.irda.org

The only drawback is the speed: average is 115kbit/s and max speed is
4Mbit/s.

Mike

Michael Khusid
Ansoft Corporation