[SI-LIST] Re: Wirebond package VS Flipchip package

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:16:09 -0500

Yes, we've designed wirebond packages that operate up to 10 GHz.  At 1 -
2 GHz, the wirebonds are not an obstacle, usually the issue occurs in
determining how to exit from the pads on the package top without
disrupting the return and power paths.

regards,

Scott

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of

On 11/8/2011 10:22 PM, Devis.Lu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>   Our customer want to design 1 logic BGA package(around 400 balls) which
> operate around 1GHZ-2GHZ frequency. Does anyone have experience in design
> such a kind of package in wirebond process without SI issues?
> Thanks.

> List technical documents are available at:
>                  http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at: