[SI-LIST] Re: Wire bonding

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dan1_st@xxxxxxxxx,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:23:49 -0700

David, unless you have considerable experience with structures that
have very similar geometry you can not estimate reliably accurate
numbers.  5Gb is fast enough that you have the potential to excite
some less than amusing resonances that can keep you from transferring
much energy between your sources and intended loads.  Your packaging
house may be able to help you.  Otherwise you need to find 3D field
solver software and someone who knows how to drive it.

Steve.
At 02:22 PM 8/7/2006, david stern wrote:
>HI
>
>We are designing an electro-optical element for
>infiniband optical transceiver.
>We are using a driver as a dye chip with wire bonding
>process.
>The 1 mil wire is 1mm long. One side of the dye chip
>is using 2 wires for differential input
>and on the other side  we use 1 wire surrounded with 2
>GND wires for signal.
>Our devices are design to work at baud rate of 5Gbps.
>
>I tried to get information on the web about signal
>integrity for high speed wire bond without any
>success.
>
>       1.   Where can I find material about SI for wire
>bonding?
>2.      how shall I  define wire bond in simulation? shall
>I defied it as inductor?
>3.      How shall I calculate the impedance of the wire
>bonding?
>4.      Are there cases were wire bond can be neglect due
>to the fact that it place right after the driver or
>        right before the receiver?
>

>Thanks in advance
>David

>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list