[SI-LIST] Re: Why is shield grounding necessary for Inpair Skew (Intra pair skew)?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JS <jsven007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:59:56 -0700

JS it is the return path impedance at signal frequencies that affects
the performance.  Ground the cable or hook it to an arbitrary DC voltage
that is bypassed and the shield will provide a return path independent
of cable length. Leave the shield open, and how it affects the signals
will be frequency and length dependent. Essentially, an open shield
forms a tuned resonator with the inner conductors.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
1580 Grand Point Way
MS 34689
Reno, NV  89523-9998
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2013 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: