[SI-LIST] Which package model is more useful and practical?

  • From: "Eric Hsu" <ehsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ibis-Users (E-mail)" <ibis-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Si-List (E-mail)" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:06:06 -0800

Hi Expert,

  Has anyone ever really used *.pkg with IBIS model to do some =
simulation, such as SSN? If so, can anyone let me know what's benefit we =
can get from it? Myself prefer choosing IBIS model with package data for =
pin R/L/C from itself, to any other package model like *.pkg or =
S-parameter. If go to IBIS open forum to search all the ibis model, so =
far I did not find any of them really using .pkg model with their ibis =
model. If the chip get low pin count, I think it is easy to handle *.pkg =
model because it is possible to verify accuracy for all the parasitic =
effect. But for big chip, I don't know is there any way can handle that?
  For most of the application, I guess, probably it is not necessary to =
provide .pkg model with ibis, because it may only provide one or two =
order accuracy than per-pin R/L/C format in ibis. Tool compatibility may =
be another issue.

Best Regards,

Eric Hsu
Interface Technologies
Netlogic Microsystems, Inc.
450 National Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
650-961-6676 x198
This e-mail contains Netlogic Microsystems, Inc. Confidential =
information

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: