[SI-LIST] Re: What's wrong with this picture?

  • From: "Reams, William" <William.Reams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:36:27 -0700

One of those apparently little known facts: If you look at the U.S. spectrum,
there's a gap between VHF channel 6 and 7. Part of what resides in that gap is
the commercial FM radio band. So if it's intended for VHF TV it'll pick up FM
radio just fine.

I've read what I would consider rumor as to why that occurred historically (as
well as why VHF channel 1 no longer exists) but don't have a good reference to
cite.

Bill