[SI-LIST] Re: Waveform Correlation

  • From: greg kimball <gkimball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ARIAZI@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 10:35:01 -0600

Abe et al-
There is another dimension to the model vs. measurement exercise - one which i
have been grapeling
with for awhile. This is the  time AND frequency domain correlation. Just
because the time domain
response matches measurement,  does NOT necessarily produce frequency domain
correlation -
and visa versa. (i.e. transfer response, or TDT in time domain). And it IS
important to match things
up - mutually.
In my work, i initiate my modeling exercise from TDR measurements because of
its greater 'bandwidth'
compared to my order of magnitude lower BW VNA, and because i need to see the
spacial
response. However, when i look at transfer response in the freq domain - i do
not see as much modeled  loss
as i measure. This is partly to do with my  model construct, for sure.

Would appreciate any commentary regarding this disparity from ALL the community:
- mutual-domain correlation validation practice
-mutual-domain non-correlation reasons

Regards,
Greg Kimball

PS Yes, i also use Excel to marry my PSPICE and measured waveforms

List archives are viewable at: