[SI-LIST] WG: Re:AW: A query in High speed Signal Integrity analysis

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 09:45:13 +0000

Hi Tesla,

Return Loss is basically the same as vswr, thus a bad RL means a bad vswr,
means that the standing waves amplitudes are stronger.
When you simulate or measure a transmission line, you see RL ripples. The
“amplitude” of these ripples is directly related to the impedance of the line:
the further off the impedance is in regards to the termination and source, the
higher the ripples. This is valid for common mode as well as differential mode.
BR
Gert