[SI-LIST] Re: Voltage drop across the Inductance

  • From: John Spohnheimer <John.Spohnheimer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'edpc108@xxxxxxxxx'" <edpc108@xxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:33:43 -0600

equation 1 is time-domain
equation 2 is phasor-domain  (time-domain signals Fourier transformed into
complex frequency space)

You don't equate the two in the sense of setting both right sides equal.
The two equations are equivalent forms of the same expression - just
different representations of reality from two perspectives.

JVS