[SI-LIST] Re: Vinl, Vinh, Vmeas

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <asic999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Muranyi,Arpad'" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:18:50 -0800

Vivek

I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that the output pins on your SDRAM were the DQ
signals that are the I/O signals for the data.  Are you referring to other
signals?  A buffer that is designated as I/O should have Vinh and Vinl
specified.  An buffer that does not have an input function such as Output,
3-state, open_sink, etc. will not have Vinh or Vinl but should, like all
driving buffers have Vmeas specified.

The latest versions of IBIS Check do a good job of flagging missing parameters
when they are needed.

Tom Dagostino

Teraspeed Labs

9999 SW Wilshire St.