[SI-LIST] Re: Vias on decoupling pads

  • From: "George Tang" <gtang@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vincenzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Sol Tatlow'" <Sol.Tatlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'Patrick Jabbaz'" <patrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:54:51 -0700

One of the assembly house that we have been using informed us that they have
found a way to fill the via holes by reflowing the solder on a blank board
first.  But this will only work for vias of discrete components and not
BGAs, since too much solder under BGAs can cause adjacent balls to short.
It seems that conductive via plugging is still needed for small pin-pitch
BGAs.

Best regards,

George