[SI-LIST] Re: Vias on decoupling pads

  • From: "Patrick Jabbaz" <patrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vincenzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Sol.Tatlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<cchalmers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:08:18 -0700

Vincenzo
The problem that occurs when you have a standard via in Pad is not
related to the Fabrication, instead the concern is related to the solder
paste being drawn away from the component land into the via plated hole.
There are methods to avoid this, by using microvias, very small hole
that has no impact on the solder reflow process.

Inkra Networks
Patrick Jabbaz CID
Sr Board Layout Eng.
40971 Encyclopedia Circle=20