[SI-LIST] Re: VNA Calibration

  • From: "istvan novak" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dgun@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:51:01 -0400

Daniel,

Thanks for your comment.  You are correct, the instrument's noise floor may
limit us if we switch to narrower bandwidth after calibration.  One
scenario, when this may not be an issue is when we do the calibration at
whatever bandwidth is needed to achieve the desired VNA noise floor but
later we have to switch to narrower bandwidth to reject the DUT noise.  This
often happens when we measure active devices: either a running DC-DC
converter alone, or the power-distribution network of a live board with
active logic.

Best regards,

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems