[SI-LIST] Re: Using of Distributed Package model for simulation

  • From: "Harjeet Singh Randhawa" <harjeet.randhawa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Michael Khusid" <mkhusid@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:42:55 +0530

Hello Michael,
Thanks for your answer. I have few basic questions. Kindly let me know
about them :

1.    How can I know from the package files that it's coupled or
uncoupled? The package model is as shown below:

Driver -> Ldbmp-Rdbmp---Segment(L,R,C,Zo,Package
Trace)---Lvia-Rvia---Lland-Rland->ToSocket

2.    The vendor has given me the RLCG matrix for the Segment. It is a 3
conductor model with frequency dependent RLC values specified in
matrices.

I know there is way to generate package.dml file from these RLCG
matrices. But again it has circuit models for both single and coupled
traces. How do you check for number of coupled traces to be used in
coupled circuit model and Do you really need it or not?

I would really appreciate your response?

Thanking in advance.

Regards,
Harjeet.
Sr Engineer - VLSI/System Design