[SI-LIST] Re: Use of package model in SPECCTRAQuest

  • From: "Juergen Flamm" <jflamm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxx>, "Ken Willis" <kwillis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:46:16 -0700

Ravinder,

One more thing I'd like to mention is the hierarchy in which parasitic =
parameters are handled in SQ (see SQ Simulation and Analysis Reference =
documentation for detail).

There are three levels:=20
1. Estimated pin parasitic data in a device model
2. Individual pin data in a device model
3. Package Model used with a device model

When individual pin data is used, item 1 is ignored.
When a package model is used, items 1 and 2 are completely ignored. This =
means that each pin's parasitic value must be defined in the package =
model.

Regards

 Juergen Flamm
=20

        From:   si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject:        [SI-LIST] Re: Use of package model in =
SPECCTRAQuest

Hi,

If the device-level IbisDevice model calls out the PackageModel,
and finds it in the library, then it will get used in the
simulation. If you want to double-check, you can run a sim in
SigXp, and go look at the spice file it generated in the
latest sigxp.run\case#\sim#\comps.spc file. You should see the
subcircuit in there.

Ken